Saturday, May 12, 2007

Teens with Babies and Dreams of Better Things

I relate so much to what all of you are saying...particularly the "overqualified/underqualified" bit. I was just beat out of an environmental health position by a PhD in Toxicology--why would a PhD accept a $19/hr job? I am still working at the YWCA Teen Home (for teens with babies). I am also a temp--yep, a temp--at the health department. The best irony is that I had previously turned down a second interview with the same people I am temping with because "it wasn't paying enough". Now I am eating my words since I am getting paid much less as a temp. Lesson learned? I'm not sure.
So, I just presented my research at the Utah Environmental Health Conference in Bicknell, Utah (does anyone know where that is...maybe chelsea). I am counting down the days before I head out to New Jersey and then Europe for other presentations. I miss school--at least you always knew what to expect.

No comments: