Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Guyana!


We have been rockin' Guayna. That's our place-it rocks and is very safe. We have 4 guard dogs. Since we have been here we have met with the country director of UDAID, had dinner with the CDC coutnry director, met the President of Guyana and haven't been shot yet! It's been great. We do work very hard and have been putting in 45-50 hour weeks. Lots of work to do down here! Here are some stories.

Lori's story-Today it was raining really hard and I tried to run out to see if it was our taxi. I walked towards the car and the guy made a motion, but I wasn't sure if it was "stay" or "come". So, I kept going and basically ended up trying to get into some guys car who was there to pick up his colleague. A bit embarrassing. Another taxi story, one of our taxi drivers was watching a music video while trying to drive us around. We thought we were going to die!

Annah's story-Another story involved Annah's white legs. A lady walking by nearly broke her neck staring at Annah's white legs and the look on her face was priceless!

Annah also has several men after her-Ray and Frankie, to just name two. (JK)

4 comments:

grant said...

Haha! That is such inspiring, hilarious, and wonderful news! I've been praying for you guys and antsy-as-ever to hear some news. =D

grant said...

You're house is pink!! Emily will be so jealous. I know I am.

Jonny said...

Maddy's wondering if Guyana is what you expected?
Let us know if your guard dogs need any food, I still have a couple of Biostats books I could send.

Erin Johnson said...

i'm so glad you guys are busy there! international work will forever make me nervous--it's never quite as planned. but it sounds like things are awesome--and you're hob-nobbing with the big cheeses. hope you're having a blast!